Under-researched or orphan crops
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feedback from conference participants-part 1

Go down

Feedback from conference participants-part 1 Empty Feedback from conference participants-part 1

Post  Admin Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:44 pm

Sun, 23 Sep 2007
Dear Prof. Kuhlemeier, Dear Dr. Zerihun,
Greetings from Brasilia and many thanks for your hospitality. Gongrates for a very successful meeting. It has enriched our knowledge and stimulated us for more study. I must confess to have learned a lot. Probably a kind of cooperation comes out from such a meetings. Once again many thanks and best regards.
Nagib Nassar, Universidade de Brasília, Brazil.

Sun, 23 Sep 2007
Dear Dr Tadele,
Just to inform you that I did a good journey back to Germany yesterday. The conference was very successful and informative. I enjoyed well my stay in Bern and one again. Thank you again for all.With my best greetings,
Hubert Adoukonou-Sagbadja, University of Abomey-Calavi, Cotonou, Benin.

Mon, 24 Sep 2007
Dear Friends,
Thank you so much for the help and support you gave me. I felt at home away from home. I am grateful. Thank you very much. I did not have any problems with my flight back home. Everything was well and I arrived home on time and safely. I hope to meet you soon. I hope we will meet again on this issue or other crop improvement programs. Maybe i will be your student one day because I will definitely be doing my PhD very soon. If you need students from AFRICA you have me as one of the candidates. I am interested in Marker assisted selection and molecular based methods of crop improvement with Plant breeding. Cheers.
Zikhali Meluleki, National University of Science, Bulawayo, Zimbabwe.

Mon, 24 Sep 2007
Dear Prof. Kuhlemeier and Dr. Tadele,
I would like to thank you again for giving me this opportunity to present our work and to listen to distinguished speakers and to meet several potential collaborators. Please, note that this gathering was successful and we all think that we should try to make it a tradition! Best regards.
Boukar Ousmane, International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), Nigeria

Mon, 24 Sep 2007
Dr. Zerihun,
It is time to appreciate that the way you organized the conference was perfect. I thank you for giving me such an opportunity to participate on such an excellently organized conference of international standard. With kind regards.
Firdissa Eticha, University of Natural Resources, Vienna, Austria.

Mon, 24 Sep 2007
Dear Zerihun and Chris,
A short note to thank you for all that you did to ensure a successful meeting last week. Congratulations. Clearly a follow-up gathering in Capetown, organized by Felix, would be a good way to ensure follow-up. Best Regards
Andrew Bennett, Syngenta Foundation for Sustainable Agriculture, Basel , Switzerland.

Mon, 24 Sep 2007
Greetings I arrived yesterday night in Kumasi my base. I thank you all for the wonderful gesture in assisting me to be part of such gathering. Thanks once again.
Emmanuel Otoo, Yam Breeder, Crops Research Institute, Kumasi, Ghana

Mon, 24 Sep 2007
Dear Dr. Zerihun,
Thanks so much for your concern and attention given to me before and during the conference.
Hamdino M.I. Ahmed, Mansoura University, Egypt

Mon, 24 Sep 2007
Dear Cris and Zerihun,
Many thanks for organizing such a great conference. I learned a lot, and found the selected topics extremely interesting. Unfortunately I couldn't attend those on Friday afternoon and didn't have a chance to say good-bye. Again congratulations for this great meeting. I hope to meet you again soon. Very best wishes.
Xavier Perret, Université de Genève, Département de Biologie Végétale, Switzerland.

Tue, 25 Sep 2007
Hello everyone,
Most of us are now back in our stations. I would like to thank you for organizing the meeting and for being very hospitable during our stay there. We’ll certainly give you the same or even better treatment if you ever come these sides. All the best.
Francis Makari, Agricultural Review, Nairobi, Kenya

Tue, 25 Sep 2007
Dear Dr Tadele,
Once again, I would like to thank you very much for including me in the very important conference on orphan crops. The presentations and other deliberations were extremely informative. Friendly Regards.
Charles Mutengwa, University of Fort Hare, Eastern Cape, South Africa.

Wed, 26 Sep 2007
Dear Zerihun,
Greetings from Nigeria. This is to send my heartfelt congratulation to you for a good job done in the organization and implementation of the conference in Bern. It was really nice and I personally benefited immensely. I would also like to express my gratitude for the opportunity to attend and present. I shall treasure this. My regards to your family and the entire conference team. My warm regards.
Abolade S Afolabi, Biotechnology Advanced Laboratory, Abuja, Nigeria.

Tue, 25 Sep 2007
Hi Zerihun,
Thanks to you and Cris for organizing and running such a great conference. I certainly learned a lot.Best.
Jeff Bennetzen, University of Georgia, Athens, USA.

Tue, 25 Sep 2007
Dear Zerihun,
I thank you very much for all what you have done. I have had a very nice experience and I really appreciate you very much for that. I am now interested in giving seminars in some of the areas I very much got educated as a result of the Conference. And, at this juncture, I would very much appreciate if U can help me get the presentations (preferentially in soft copy) on the conference, especially in the three areas of "Cisgenics", "Clean Gene" and "Tilling". For this, I presume that we have to get the permission of the presenters. If you can help me get hands on these presentations, it would be of great help for me. Looking forward to your prompt and favorable response, I remain. Sincerely,
Kebebew Assefa, Ethiopian Institute for Agricultural Research, Ethiopia.

Wed, 26 Sep 2007
Dear All,
Hope that all of you were back safely to your countries and /or families. Many thanks and keep in touch.
Falalou Hamidou, Université Abdou Moumouni, Niamey, Niger.

Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007
Hi Zerihun,
I thank you very much for the invitation to attend the conference, which was really very successful.
Likyelesh Gugsa, Ethiopian Institute of Agricultural Research, Ethiopia.

Wed, 26 Sep 2007
Hello everyone,
This is to extend my sincere greetings to everyone for all your contributions to the success of the conference in Bern. The conference was not only very useful but well coordinated and very beneficial. Well done, you all. My regards.
Abolade S Afolabi, Biotechnology Advanced Laboratory, Abuja, Nigeria.

Wed, 26 Sep 2007
Hi Zerihun,
I just want to let you know that I have arrived safely. Everything went all right. Thank you so much for facilitating my travel. Take care.
Melaku Gedil, International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), Nigeria.

Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007
Dear All,
I hope you all had a nice trip back home and met your loved ones in well-being. It was indeed my great pleasure meeting with all of you over there at Bern. I learnt quite a lot from interacting with you and grateful for the new chain of friends added to my links. I believe that such an event can have significant positive impact outweighing the original intentions of the organizers. Again I will like to send great felicitations to our hosts Zerihun and Cris, it was a lovely and well-organized meeting. I am looking forward to progress on support for research on neglected crops in Africa. I hope to meet each of you soon in another forum, perhaps in your individual countries. Best wishes.
Chiedozie Egesi, National Root Crops Research Institute, Umuahia, Nigeria.

Admin
Admin

https://orphancrops.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down